Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Irish Adventure Begins

Welcome to Tiztalk. Bob is here on a Fulbright Fellowship to study electrical engineering education practices at the Dublin Institute of Technology. Me? I'm just here. That's why I'm blogging.

We live in a furnished 4th floor apt about 6 blocks from St. Stephen's Green. I'm told that the apt complex is sometimes used as a backdrop for 1960s dramas. The buildings are brown brick and old. I'm told most of the tenants are, too. When I peruse my neighbors' windowsills, I see teapots, teacups, bath powder, and cleaning supplies. Yeah, they probably are old. If they peer into my window, what will they see? An unmade bed, some socks hanging on the end of it, .piles of books, maps, and travel brochures....you get the picture? There's something freeing about knowing that not a soul you know is going to enter your apt...why do a thing? Bob has suggested that I cozy up the place, but it suits me just fine. I would rather be sitting here doing this, and who's to stop me??

I saw my first fellow tenant yesterday. I was beginning to think no one else really lived here. I thought perhaps I was in the Twilight Zone. I'm still not sure I'm not.

The most exciting thing that has happened so far is that I had an unexpected root canal last week. So far my tooth is still in my mouth, so I guess that's a good sign.

Tune in again for more exciting adventures. Next time I'll tell you about ....oops, out of space!

No comments:

Post a Comment