Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Care Package

Hi, former countrymen & women,

FFM: 7 1/2

My care package from the U.S. has arrived! I only had to walk 3 miles to get it and carry it home in my little wheeling cart ...it was worth it! Here is what Mary and Mom sent me: paper napkins (yes!), washclothes, handtowels, M & Ms, playing cards, crossword puzzle books (I'll tell you about the newspaper crosswords here another time), a Sudoku book for Bob (and Megan if there are any left undone by Dec.), and yes, NESTEA! I rushed home with my loot, ejected 8 mini ice cubes from my solitary ice cube tray, and savored a glass of ice tea. It was heavenly. Then I took out the last treasure in my box: a stack of Paris Beacon newspapers. I sat down and read and sipped to my heart's content. I called my old roommate Pam and we talked under an hour ....she had to run to Pilates class in order to squeeze into her mother-of-the groom dress or we would still be on the phone. Bob and I went on a tour of St. Stephen's Green and out for a bowl of steaming and delicious Irish stew. That's all from the Blog from the Bog (I must credit Pam with that suggested title; she guffawed and snorted as she suggested it.) If you have a suggestion, please send it. My own suggestion is " The Portrait of the Artist as an Old Woman".

Love,
Tizzie/Tiz/Mom/Tizmom/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I love P! and sounds like a pretty uneventfull day compared to your other days! I'm sure that P will fit into her dress and after you've been doing this walking you could too for that matter! Aunt Mary Ann is really good at sending care packages wouldn't you say?? Every package i've ever gotten from her has been great. I'm suprised you didn't refer to it as the "box of love".

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete