Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Food Fantasies

Hi, everybody,

FFM = 4 miles...
By popular demand (requested by 2 of my 3 official blog followers), I am adding a new feature today. It will be listed at the top of the page. It is the Forced March Mileage or FFM for the day. This way you can keep up on just how far I had to walk that day. Bob has been taking all of us on forced marches for years and somehow my children are quite gleeful at the fact that I am now in a continued state of forced marching. Anyway, I aim to please my readers. Yesterday's FMM was 4 miles. I do think I need to somehow add to that when I have also been carrying full-length mirrors or overflowing grocery bags. Since we are on groceries.... there are a number of things I have NOT be able to find here. I realize that I am in the city, so I have hopes that should I ever get out to the suburbs I may find one or two of these items. Here are the things I cannot find: 1) applesauce (I did finally buy something that they called apple sauce that was located in the "sauce" section with horseradish; it turned out to be very sweet and more like apple pie filling. Mom thinks that maybe the Irish make their own applesauce, but somehow I doubt this. 2) paper napkins - they do have the expensive large party kind for about 5 euros, but absolutely no everyday ones. I guess they use cloth napkins. 3) deodorant soap -- really, they have a brand called Simple that is like Ivory and most stores carry Dove. They do NOT have Irish Spring soap!!! Bob is holding on to his last slivver with his life!! 4) ice tea mix -- I know, I know it's very gauche to search for a thing like this in Ireland, of all places, but I LOVE iced tea and I have had a hard time doing without it. It is not offered in any restaurants. Mom is sending me some Nestea and I can't wait! 5) grape jelly -- you can get plenty of strawberry preserves, orange marmalade, or currant jelly, but not grape. 6)frozen canned juices 7)cake mix - I did finally find one box of Betty Crocker and it sold for the equivalent of $4; they must not use it. 8) small bags of carrots already washed and cut up -- okay, I know I'm being lazy and petty now, but giant hulking carrots can be rather intimidating not to mention time-consuming to cut up. 8)plastic pitchers, cups, containers, plastic anything - I think they are probably more environmentally aware in this area, but all I truly want is a plastic pitcher in which to put my ice tea in should I ever get any...
Today I am going exploring again. I will let you know what I find. Happy Tuesday! Tizzie/Tizmom/Tiz/Liz/Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Mom- You got a mirror! thank you:) i will think of you fondly when i do my hair and makeup when i come to visit!
    I will picture you carrying it on your back like a sherpa carrying it up Mt. Everest lol:)

    ReplyDelete