Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Arthur's Day

FMM: 4

Good morning, Yanks,

Another overcast morning is dawning here in the Emerald Isle. It's been great hearing from some of you and your concern for my problems. I appreciate the advice I have been given on how to cut up my own carrots (Who would've guessed? Of course, my family knows I'm not allowed to hold sharp objects..). I've also heard from one friend who is so "devastated" at the lack of paper napkins that she may now have to cancel her trip here. I'm only here to report the truth, folks. Another pal has suggested that I also included a count of the human conversations I have in a day with the added restriction that talking to myself doesn't count. Somehow I think many of you are getting way too much pleasure out of my "quiet life".... Actually, yesterday I did have a bit of human interaction. I went to a creative writing class at the National Gallery. It was a very lively, fun class with about 20 people who -- Bob doesn't believe me -- were all older than I. We studied portraits in the gallery and wrote short scenarios about them which we then shared. I must say it's the most fun I've had in a long time. The woman giving the workshop has just opened her own writing center and I think I will sign up for a class there next month.... Bob and I made another attempt to find our "local pub". We went to O'Brien's which is right across the street. We have been there a few times and it seems to cater to - at least during the week - an older crowd. We met a talkative guy who had just returned from 6 mos at a remote, untouched,beautiful fishing village in Spain. He told us that there are only 2 Americans in the whole village. I don't know if those two pieces of information are connected or not. .. Today is a BIG DAY here; it's Arthur's Day!!! I won't reveal what Arthur's Day is until tomorrow, but the first person who e-mails me with the correct answer will get a personal e-mail back from me with a picture of Bob attached to it. How's that for an offer? Bob says he doesn't read this blog; and in fact he had no idea what a FMM was when I asked him last night, so I think I'm safe. Furthermore, I did succeed in attaching my 2nd picture of all time to an e-mail yesterday (the first was to you, Megan)- so I can do it. When my patience returns, I will try to attach a picture to this blog. I am off shortly to do what I know and love best: WALK!!!!! More on that later..

Love,
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment