Wednesday, September 23, 2009

W.B. Yeats, etc.

Hi, folks,

FMM: 2 1/2
Once again my followers - 2 out of all 3 of them -- have made a request. They want me to post pictures, too. Now I don't know why anyone would want pictures of me and Bob other than to feature us on "What Not to Wear," but I will try to accommodate this request. However, I am not up to that task today. ..Yesterday I went to the National Museum of Ireland and took a guided tour of the W.B. Yeats exhibit. If you want to know more, the entire exhibit is online and you can look at it yourself. It was my only human interaction of the day - other than with my loquacious husband, of course - as I have unwittingly taken a vow of silence over here. There were 2 of us in the tour group and my tourmate was talkative and inquisitive enough for both of us. So, my vocal cords are preserved for another day. I also viewed an exhibit on James Joyce. Bob has purchased and carted home -at great inconvenience (it is 933 pages long) -a copy of _Ulysses_. It is touted as the most commonly unread classic of all time. Anyway, I think that we can at least complete the Joyce literary pub crawl which takes you to many of the places mentioned in the book. Furthermore, we can both claim to have read it since none of you probably have either, so how will you know?? If you have, in fact, read the book, please send me your comments and suggestions. Happy Wednesday.

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment