Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hunting & Gathering

FMM: 3 mi

Hi, friends & fam,

Just a day of hunting and gathering...or should I say attempting to gather...I got a drip coffeemaker, but 4 attempts to find coffee filters for it have failed. This morning I am drinking a cup filtered by a paper towel,an old trick I learned from Connie O'Connell, Bob's dad. And Bob wonders why he found all those empty M & M wrappers in the waste basket last night! I have one more lead on coffee filters which I will follow up on the weekend... Bob & I watched the movie _Michael Collins_. Liam Neeson stars in the story of Ireland's struggle for independence in the early 20th century. We have seen most of the settings in the movie which made it fun to watch. You can see them to if you come to visit us. My calendar is waiting for you to claim your dates...Today and tomorrow we have a full calendar of Fulbright activities. Who knows? I may even meet another desperate housewife like myself. By the time most of you read this, I will be dining at the U.S. Embassy. As you finish your lunch, I will be on my way to the Abbey Theater for a play...Remember--according to the Fulbright manual -- I am your emissary here in Ireland. What the people think of me is what they think of YOU, so wish me luck!

Eternally yours,

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment