Friday, June 4, 2010

A Weak Moment

FMM: 2 mi

Hello, Saturday Slackers,

Have you cooked out yet? Watch out for homeless mice who may have squatted in the legs of your grill! Don't laugh. Last year that happened to Tim, and he is still recovering. It was almost as bad as their friends who took up winter residence in his roller blades. Must I remind you once again? Set your mousetraps! Recently, several readers have complained openly about my mousetrap-setting reminders. Can you imagine? Here I am donating valuable time and space that could be spent furthering my lucrative blogging career to provide an important public service announcement to you, the readers. So, get over it. And don't come back until you have set the traps or at least replaced the cheese...All done? Okay, you're wondering about my weak moment. Frankly, I am, too, as I thought I was better than this. I had survived 9 1/2 mos with only one major clothing purchase: a puffy winter coat Bob has affectionately says makes me look like the Michelin man. With only 10 days to go, I broke down and wandered into Arnott's bargain basement. I walked out with 3 tops, a pair of white linen capris, a scarf, and a jacket with wild red flowers all over it. Furthermore, all sales are final. I think I am suffering from spring fever. So, I've decided to dispose of the following in order to fit my new purchases into my suitcase: blue flannel PJ's with puppies on them, a few pairs of underwear that Mom left here that I've happily used since Oct., several pairs of gray socks that I think used to be white, a purple argyle hat that matched my winter coat circa 1989, 4 bumbershoots in varying states of decay, Bob's blue pants from Penneys that I bought for $10 about 15 years ago (he is still fighting me on this one; Molly and Nancy, I've told him that you insist he get rid of them. You ALL know which pair I'm talking about. Speak up!), several books including _Irish Crimes of Passion: Killing for Lust and Desire_, and as many of Bob's shirts as I can spirit away. If you would like any of the above, please contact me immediately to arrange a C.O.D. shipment...Today? We hope to plan one more trip (God help me!) and to keep purging. Tomorrow? Bob's cousin has invited us to Limerick for her grandson's christening. We are excited to meet more of Bob's relatives.

Splurging and purging,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment