Monday, June 28, 2010

The B is Back!

Hi, Friends and Frienemies,

Of course, the "B" refers to the blog, but you knew that. I guess you're wondering what I've been doing the past 2 weeks that is so important that I couldn't blog. So do I. After 2 weeks back in my "real" life, I'm ready for a vacation. Here's what I can reveal. Do I have my life in order? Well, I have yet to find my deodorant or remember to get any at the store, so I've been wearing Old Spice. Maybe I will start a new trend. At least I haven't sprayed Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner on my hair lately thinking it was hairspray...ah, I've improved since that little incident. I am "unpacking" at about the same rate that I "packed" to come home. In fact, I am officially "unpacking" right now. When I am not "unpacking", of course, I am "organizing" my house. Was the 10 month mail supply as bad as predicted? Yes, there are several laundry baskets full. So far, I have only discovered one insurance policy that has expired and a summons for jury duty. Do we have a mattress? No. Bob and have been sleeping nomadically. Last night we both had beds and they were in the same room! .. Does the oven work? Well, I'm not sure. The girls claim it doesn't heat up to the correct temperature. I'm not sure how they can tell that, but I'm hoping it's true as it would explain a lot. I am really an excellent cook, but my oven has been sabotaging my efforts all these years. It would be the breakthrough that could restore my self confidence which has been suffering ever since cooking was expected of me -- about 34 years ago, by my calculations as our anniversary was Saturday...Well, I must get off and get organized. Furthermore, my two newspaper subscriptions have resumed at bargain rates since I am now a "new" customer (Ha Ha Ha) so I am resuming my old habits of filling my head with useless knowledge. Never fear. I'll be sure to share some of it with you...A big birthday shout out to Megan O'Connell.

Yakking and unpacking,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. My life is complete now! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know you're pathetic, don't you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to be reading your blog again. But would be even happier to see you. Do you have time for lunch before you return to work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love it. Will be at Panera at 9:30 Thurs with a group of ladies. Want to join us?

    t

    ReplyDelete