Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One Last Trip





FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Folks,

We are in our usual just-returned-from-a-trip mode. I'm on my third load of laundry (those of you familiar with the size and caliber of my washing/drying facilities are very impressed right now), have cleaned the fridge, prepared packages for mailing, made a list of phonecalls/errands, and have begun stressing over how I'm going to get moved out of here by next Tuesday. Who deserves the full length mirror I lovingly carried a mile? What about my newspaper-covered box/tables? Shall I photograph them for _Good Housekeeping_? Would anyone in this country even want my $6.00 ice cube tray? Would anyone know what it was? Bob and Nancy are sound asleep and not worried about a thing...Bob's cousin invited us to Limerick for her grandson's baptism. We enjoyed meeting more O'Connell relatives. We took the train to Tralee and Dingle where Bob finally got to see the Blasket Islands. We had hoped to take a boat to the islands, but the sea was too rough. We are standing in front of a beehive hut near Dingle above. Monks lived and meditated in them in the 6th century. Sounds quite tempting to me at the moment... Our feelings are bittersweet as we prepare to leave Ireland. We can't wait to see many you, but we will miss the people and the places here..

Afflicted and conflicted,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. The top picture is creepy... there is a man dressed in black standing in the doorway of the beehive. You can only see his shoes and legs. Did you know he was there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're blaming me for your bad habits, huh? I'm too busy "packing" to read a silly blog let alone comment on one. Thanks for leaving me a big bag of crap to greet me when I arrive home. I can't wait to go through your cast offs. Call me if you want to waste even more time.
    LOL Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I didn't see him, but I do now... Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem on the bag of crap...it's just a taste of payback for the piles of mail that I had to deal with while you were gone!! Also, I got your card and Nancy's postcard in the mail yesterday and was thrilled :) Good luck with the packing/sorting. My moto: "when in doubt, throw it out!" This is actually in regards to spoiled food but I think it works in this situation too. And that pic is still creeping me out....

    ReplyDelete