Friday, June 4, 2010

Galway Girls



FMM: 2 mi

Hi, Folks,

I think everyone is gone, but let me check for sure... Okay, I'm alone. The girls took off for Galway at 8:45. Of course, they had the usual last minute complications..where is Jessica's Ipod?(under the bed) Who wants to carry the lunches for the train? (No one. They do want to eat them, but no one wants to carry them. Ever read "The Little Red Hen"?)..Who wants to carry the snacks for the hostel?(No one. Maura kindly agrees although she doesn't think she will actually eat any of the snacks; could I have thrown in a bunch of stale crap Bob and I haven't eaten and need to dispose of before June 15? Never!)...Does anyone have any euros? (not really, but they are young and cute so people will probably take dollars instead without complaint)...I'm sure they are glad to be out from under our watchful -- at least when we're awake -- eyes and ears after a week here. I'm tempted to call the Galway authorities and warn them of their impending invasion by a group of American girls looking for fun, but I have a feeling they've dealt with such invaders before. And they thought the Vikings were bad..It's a gorgeous day. I'm meeting Bob at Stephen's Green for lunch. We are then headed to Arbour Hill for one last attempt to visit rebel graves....Sorry about yesterday. I got involved resubmitting denied medical/dental claims and I was having so much fun that time just got away from me...A big birthday shout out to Julie Magers!!

Still wandering around,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment