Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home Alone

Good morning, Saturday Slackers,

I am home alone in Columbia, MO for the first time in nearly a year. Nancy is at work, and Bob has gone to his office. I am the only official "Saturday Slacker" around here, although Nancy has read 7 books while at her summer job, whose location I won't reveal lest all of you go apply. My official purpose this morning is to "organize our tax information." I am approaching the job the same way I approached my "packing" duties in Ireland. That is, I'm using it as a way to explain long periods of time when I'm really talking on the phone, doing a crossword or, worse yet, blogging for no good reason. But you won't tell anyone, will you? If you were in charge of organizing my tax information, you'd be blogging, too. I think our W-2 forms are somewhere. I have seen them. I figure if I find them that will be enough of an accomplishment for today. I have my salt-and-pepper tresses firmly tied back from my face, accenting my natural beauty. I am make up free, enhancing my natural look. I am padding down the hallway in my gray work out capris, a free tee shirt a co-worker handed me this week, and my formerly white terry cloth slippers to Molly's room to search the mail stacks right now. I have put on some soothing Irish music and I'm pretending I'm really gazing at the Irish Ocean, not at a sea of papers...Of course, I am doing all of this AFTER setting my MT's..

Taxing and waxing,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment