Saturday, July 24, 2010

Socializing & Sleeping




Good day, Saturday Slackers,

You must be rubbing off on me since I'm writing my blog at 3:45 PM. I must admit that blog writing has a hard time competing swith the 2 morning newspapers I receive
on Saturday mornings. By the time I finish reading them, my family has awakened and started asking me annoying questions like what's for breakfast, what's for lunch, what's for dinner, where are my socks, where is my shirt for work, do we have any healthy snacks.. well, you get the picture? Of course, I don't have answers for any of those questions, nor do I want to provide any answers lest I be held responsible for them....Bob and I met Molly's boyfriend's parents for the first time today. See the picture above. We enjoyed lunch at Flat Branch. As we got acquainted, Molly and Cody sat by quietly. I didn't see too much eye rolling on their parts...You can see what happens to Bob when he has to socialize. I'm hoping he wakes up soon so I can ask him when he's going to mow the lawn, clean out the basement, hose off the back porch, and of course do what I hope you've already done. Do I have to remind you again??? Set your mousetraps AND your mole traps! Those rodents are just laying in wait to invade your personal space. Trust me on this...Off to hunt and gather in suburbia. Somehow it's still a drag dragging home the vittles even though I do have a deluxe wheelie cart in which to drive to the store..

Cruising, not snoozing,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

P.S. If I knew how to reverse the pictures above I would have.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures. The second one looks a lot like the ones we've had taken recently, only with different clothes. Now that you have me looking at how people are standing in pictures, is there some reason Cody is the only one facing the camera directly? Why does Bob have his hand in his pocket--holding on to his wallet? See what you've done to me?? BTW, I really like your shirt and am pretty sure there is no other meaning to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you happy that you didn't let your hair go to its present natural color as you threatened in early Irish Blogs? Otherwise, how could you have looked so good in the picture above? Good that you met the parents now. This is better than we did, met the fiance's parents after 6 months into the engagement. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm still waiting for an update/ new post mom!!

    ReplyDelete