Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Good Wife





July 18 blogpost –

Good day, friends, fam, fans, fiends, and foes,
Bob had arthroscopic knee surgery Friday, so I’ve been busy being a dutiful wife. I was doing an exemplary job at first. I put a sheet on the couch, strategically positioned pills, water, and the remote on the TV tray, put the extra ice packs in the freezer, and pretty much went about my business, whatever that is. The knee seemed to have been miraculously cured . He was walking on it pain-free., wondering why he hadn’t had the surgery done years ago. However, late yesterday that all changed. The knee started to hurt. The prescription did need to be filled. The crutches were, in fact, needed. The pills needed to be taken with food. Food was needed. Water was needed. Help was needed putting on shoes, dressing, undressing, bandaging, etc. etc. All the sudden, I actually had to do stuff. I'm never good in those circumstances. All these responsibilities so wore me out that I had to go to the movie with two girlfriends just to recuperate. Meanwhile, my patient seems to be enjoying his loll about the house…A special shout out to the newly crowned “Little Miss Edgar County”..another “mother moment” above with the watermelon somehow falling out of the fridge…Nancy just informed me that the watermelon is "leaking" in the fridge..my new blue suede shoes – do you like em? Did you notice that they match my top?...Must get to bed so I can be ready to continue my nursing duties…
Nursing and cursing,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. I actually did notice that the shoes and top matched. I was especially impressed with the pedicure! Having been a nurse to two men over the course of my life, I find that they either think they can conquer the world the day after surgery and you have to tie them down, or they whine like babies, in which case you want to bound and gag them. Either way, I'd rather go to a movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair in this pic Mom. Did Nancy curl it with the flat iron or something? She needs to teach me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very observant. Yes, my hairdo was compliments of -- and at the mercy of, may I add -- your talented sister. I'm sure I will never get it to look that way again, but at least it looked good once for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can show you how to do it this weekend!! and i thought mom's hair looked really good that night so thanks for the compliment. I was pretty proud of my work :)

    ReplyDelete