Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dancing the Night Away

Good day, Blogophiles,

You must think that I've been living it up since I haven't bothered to blog lately. If only that were true. I did manage to escape one night of hard labor by slipping off to Houlihan's with Jody and Dawn while Bob unwittingly got elected to fix dinner for Nancy and her 3 roommates. I also managed a trip to the farmer's market with Teresa where we purchased and consumed black raspberry cinnamon rolls so scrumptious that my stomach was upset the rest of the day. But they were worth it. And I suppose a person who ate just one wouldn't have had a problem... But real life has intruded. At night Bob and I have heard strange noises overhead the past few weeks. Bob even thought someone might be walking around in our attic. We then considered who or what might be doing such a thing. The attic door had been opened briefly to retrieve a pair of crutches for Bob. Could something have flown, crawled, jumped or sneaked in in that brief time??? Could it have hatched something large enough to be wandering the attic now? Were we living in the Twilight Zone? On Mysterious Island? What could it be? Well, last night Bob learned the answer. I was sound asleep when the rooftop dancing began. Bob bravely took the billy club flashlight outside to investigate. And what did he discover?? Probably the relatives of a visitor we had several years ago....two fat furry raccoons dancing with abandon on our roof. He did what most men -- but no women, in my opinion at least -- would do: he set a live raccoon trap. Yes, we just happened to have one handy for just such an occasion. Of course, no woman would do that as just what would you do if you actually managed to catch a live raccoon? Last time this happened we mostly caught live cats, but maybe we'll be luckier (?) this time. I don't hear anything howling out there yet..At any rate, there is a bright side to this situation. After 2 months, I finally have a comeback for Bob incessant praise of all things Irish: "Well, you can't do THIS in Ireland!" (editor's note: longtime Blog from the Bog readers know, of course, there ARE no raccoons in Ireland.)... So, I guess I must now warn you to look out for yet another rodent lurking in your yard (mole), grill/car/garage/desk/house (mouse) and now even on your roof!

Tracking rodents dead or alive every day,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment