Saturday, August 14, 2010

Keeping Up with the O'Connells

Good day, Saturday Slackers,

I would say "good morning", but most of you probably aren't up yet. I am home, but not alone this Saturday. Tim and Megan are asleep downstairs; Bob is asleep upstairs. I have finished my newspapers, so I guess my next time-wasting activity is YOU. That's right. This is YOUR blog, not mine. So, I'll answer some of your burning questions. Did Bob capture Rocky's mate Roxy? (If you don't know what this question means, you need to go back and read the previous 2 blogs) No, but he did capture Polly the possum. I would have provided a photo of her, but a certain person didn't allow the time or opportunity for me to do that adequately. Furthermore, it was dark and I don't have a clue how to set my camera up for nighttime pictures. I tried. Anyway, Polly really did "play possum" as when Bob went to release her at Twin Lakes, she refused to get out of the cage. He had to yank the bedspread all the way off and shake and rattle the cage to get her moving. No doubt, she traumatized some early morning joggers there. At least Yorktown Drive is safe from one more wild creature (I don't count)...How are the taxes going? Well, I'm still "working on them". While it's a fact that we are dollarless and euroless, we must prove to Uncle Sam that we reached this state legitimately, not just through our own wanton behavior. Uncle Sam allows $165/day for our Irish pursuits. We just have to explain what happened to the rest of the dough. Surely, my wheelie cart is deductible? We'll find all this out when we face our accountant this week. Bob just stopped by and deemed this blog "sickening". He says that I don't let up, and that the whole thing could have been said in 4 words: Bob caught a possum. Maybe that's true, but then your slacking time would be cut way too short. .
Anyway, I guess he wants me to play possum, so I will. Also, I must go do what I hope you've already done: set my mousetraps! (I put that in there for Nancy as it drives her nuts. What are mothers for?)

Rattling cages every day,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Re your taxes: if you can come up with some "wanton ways" that caused you to be penniless, you might be able to get some kind of bailout or program! I'm sending you an article from the Lebanon Advertiser about raccoon rescuing. It must be a Midwest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have thought of shipping our raccoons to the Dublin Zoo as they don't have any there. Or maybe they would like them in Lebanon, IL? We might even throw in a possum or two and even a few mice... Yes, we could use a good bailout program. All you readers feel free to send dollars, euros, or even your old gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny that you title this "keepin up with the o'connell's" when you don't agree with that show at all and always tell us how much you hate it. justttt throwing that out there for you :-)

    ReplyDelete