Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bob K.O.s Rocky



Good morning, Friends and Frenemies,

While you've all slept, we've had a most exciting morning. Rocky Raccoon succumbed to the smell of peanut butter-topped carrots and found himself in the predicament you see above. When I went out - at great risk to myself and also defying a husband who hissed out the window nearly causing me to create a scene in my jammies -- to snap this photo for you, he was wondering what had become of his rooftop dance partner who was nowhere to be found. He hissed and raised up as Bob threw the blanket on the cage. Bob is now off taking him to a "better place". Don't worry. Rocky will live to see another day... er I mean night. Bob saw our young sturdy neighbor Kurt leaving for work in his pick up truck. He offered him the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a neighborhood hero and to take Rocky to his construction job out of town. The young man politely declined. Therefore, Bob has trekked off to Grindstone Nature Area to let Rocky be with his own kind. Bob is outside now hosing down the cage which really makes me fear for the state of my trunk...At any rate, Yorktown Drive is a safe and quiet street once again. Bob reports that Rocky made threatening noises during their journey. And one always wonders just how smart animals are (could he possibly get out of the cage?). Nonetheless, it appears that the mission is accomplished, and Bob is the neighborhood hero. I only wonder what Rocky is writing in his blog today...

Always cagey,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth


3 comments:

  1. Oh my - what an exciting morning! When you say "rooftop dancer" do you mean that they would run all around the roof and you could hear it inside? That used to happen all the time last year and no one was ever there with me when it happened, and no one believed me. I bet it was Rocky all those times I thought I was losing my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see yesterday's blog until just now. I guess I'm not crazy! At least Rocky is now enjoying Grindstone park instead of your roof :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Roxy has not returned to the roof yet. Guess it's no fun dancing by yourself.

    ReplyDelete