Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Youngest Child





Hi, Friends, Fam, and Frenemies,

I've been ordered to write this blog by my youngest child. Today is her 20th birthday. She told me that I didn't have to get her any presents; she just wanted a blog written about her with baby pictures included. I wish she'd told me that earlier; it would've saved me some dough. As you can see, I didn't succeed on the baby picture front. I knew just where Tim's baby pictures were, but who knows where Nancy's are?...You see, Nancy suffers from YCS. What? You've never heard of "Youngest Child Syndrome"? Let me fill you in. A child afflicted with this disorder wants a complete filled out baby book with chronological photos. She wants her mother to reel off what her first word was, when she started walking, and every cute thing she ever said. She dreams of surprise parties in her honor, and is in no big hurry to grow up. She wonders why her cake candle (see above photo) is not a real "2", but an upsidedown 5. How does a mother explain that? As a YCS sufferer myself, I understand her pain. As the youngest of four, my mother told me that the playpen had only 3 sides and no bottom left by the time it got to me. She put it against the wall, and I never figured out how to get out of it...enough about me. Although Nancy is not my first child to turn 20, she is my last. Therefore, I must pause and note this special day in her life. I'm reprinting a poem I wrote for her high school graduation.



A Poem for Nancy
8/16/2009


And so the day is finally here;
today you will be going.
It seems as though you just arrived;
but life - it just keeps flowing.

You’ve been such fun;
you’ve kept us young.
You’re never dull or boring.
You’re comical and phenomenal,
and usually have us roaring.

You don’t give up; that’s for sure.
You have determination.
It’s who you are and what we love—
part of your Nancy conglomeration.

Today you take a step
in your own unique direction.
Just don’t forget, our darling girl,
We’re your loudest cheering section.


With love and affection,
Mom & Dad
Tim & Megan
Molly


Bloggin' about my baby,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. that's from high school.. boooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write a poem about yourself, and I'll post it. or- better yet - have your friends write a poem about you as you drive in the car on spring break...

    ReplyDelete