Sunday, December 12, 2010

Caked in Tradition





Hello, Sunday Slackers,

Is it snowy and below zero where you are? If so, I'll be happy to provide you with some cooking advice. See what great results you can get? You, too, can "bake ahead" like me and be ready for the holidays. The photos capture my trademark "lemon cake". I know what you're thinking, "That cake certainly looks like a lemon to me." I included it to make you feel good about yourself. If you haven't wasted your time and dirtied your kitchen, you're a step ahead of me..which isn't saying much...I've already had a minor "Christmas miracle". Promise you won't tell?? About 3 weeks ago, I discovered that I had lost the Master card. Not wanting to upset anyone, I kept this information mostly to myself. I checked online every day to confirm that no bandit was buying big screen TVs. Why the secrecy? Well, you see, I have a bit of a reputation to live down. I recently lost my driver's license. And earlier this week a young man called and woke up Nancy saying he had found my cell phone on the ground out side the bookstore. I hadn't missed it. And to make matters worse, Nancy lost the Master card twice last year, so losing Master cards is a sore subject around here. Christmas is a bad time to do this, too, as Bob makes his yearly trip to the mall about now with --you guessed is --his Master Card. Just when I thought I would have to fess up, an envelope arrived in the mail. The contents? New Master cards! Unbeknownst to me, our cards were expiring in January anyway, so I was saved from myself!..In other news, my friend and I took our elderly former neighbor out for lunch. While at the nursing home, I spied another former neighbor. As I walked over to greet her, I could tell that she didn't know who I was. I explained myself, and she replied, "You've gained ten pounds and gotten old." At least one reader will know who this is if I reveal her initials : RG. I wanted to say, "Do you find yourself a little short on visitors, R?" But my good manners kept me from doing any such thing...So, I hope you feel good about yourself after reading this. You are superior to me, a spaced out "loser" (both figuratively and literally) whose only talent is raving on.


Old, bold, and a sight to behold,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth


P.S. Remember that I have no idea how to change the order of the pictures, but you can figure out the order, cant' you?

4 comments:

  1. this one is much more entertaining than recent ones. good job! and just look for where the type is the same. At the beginning where the first picture is, note what that looks like and then look for when it repeats itself. When it repeats, that's where the next picture starts.

    Who called you old and ten pounds heavier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to eat for a lifetime; I just want some fish today. So, just fix it, ok??

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't want to have your cake and eat it too. andddd know how to make it too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I want to eat my cake, but obviously, I don't know how to make one.

    ReplyDelete