Friday, November 5, 2010

The One About Nothing

Hi, Blahhgggmates,

I'm taking a tip from Seinfeld and writing about nothing today. I'll just choose random incidents and tell you about them... I had an exciting lunch hour on Wednesday. I stopped by a fund raiser and paid $5.00 to throw a pie in a college girl's face. I was delighted to discover that there were no rules about standing far away or anything, so so I had no trouble hitting my target. Oh, did I mention who was on "pie in the face" duty? Would you believe it was my very own daughter? I was so surprised. I recommend this activity this to all mothers. It was quite cathartic to see someone besides myself get what's coming to her....Mom's 100th birthday is looming. I spent about 30 mins last night searching for the memory books that I created for her 80th and 90th birthdays. Her friends and relatives wrote lovely things about her. I had no luck but I did find and read a stack of old birthday cards which I sat down on the floor and read and chuckled over, thereby accounting for most of the thirty minutes I spent "looking" for Mom's memory book. Mary has sent Mom's name into Willard Scott to put her picture on a Smuckers jar on the Today Show. It is past the deadline to hear, but keep your fingers crossed...I finally got tired of moving Molly's pants around, so I took them to the seamstress for hemming. She called last night and said they were done. She also told me that she had had 2 items of Nancy's for 6 months! I was mortified at this smirching of the family reputation. That's what happens when your mother leaves the country. You leave your stuff at the seamtress's forever without a care...Well, believe it or not, I must get to work. See ya next week.

Writing a lotta nada,
I remain
Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy reading what you have to say about kids and life....slows down the moments to delicious, robust hours of imagery:hangin' out is an art!

    Let's raise it to new heights!!
    Hugs.
    Karen in CA

    ReplyDelete