Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Surprise Attack






Good day, Friends, Frenemies,and Blogstalkers,

I have been part of a secret operation. No, I'm not sitting here in a straight jacket dictating this to my nurse. I have, in fact, been part of a covert plan of shock and awe. I can now smile, wave, and say emphatically, "Mission accomplished!" The secret photos I was able to smuggle out are Tiztalk exclusives...My old (and I do mean OLD) friend Pam's husband decided to put one over on her once and for all. He hosted a surprise birthday party two months early. In a darkened room, we operatives silently got into position. When the door opened and the target was in sight, we let loose with our most potent weapon: our big mouths. The target nearly fainted, and 5 days later some of us are still smiling at our desks and in our homes at the thought of it...Pam (aka "the victim") was my college roommate. I have written this poem in her honor.

A Poem for Pam

I have a friend named P.
She means the world to me.

She's funny and she's clever.
She's the best friend ever.

We met at a tender age;
bellbottoms were the rage.

Though she tended toward hot pants and halters,
I could never fault her.

For she's always looked quite fine,
this dear old friend of mine.

Some people thought it strange -
the hick from Paris, the babe from LaGrange.

But we'd laugh until we'd snort,
then come out with another retort.

Who knows why people click?
Who knows why friendships stick?

But we've stayed friends through the years,
through the laughter and the tears.

Though our lives were full and busy,
we made time for Pam and Tizzie.

Our phone calls are legendary,
causing our families to become incendiary.

Somehow forty years have passed.
My, it's all gone fast!

So on this special day,
yes, I know it's still two months away,
I just have this to say:

I have a friend named P.
She means the world to me.



Still snorting, retorting, and reporting,
I remain

Tizzie/Tiz/Tizmom/Mom/Liz/Elizabeth

P.S. Longtime readers know that I have no idea how to change the order of the photos above, but I did put them in in the right order.

3 comments:

  1. What a Hoot! Loved the poem, so very clever and sweet. I love the first picture and the look on Pam's face! Oh, I thought that I was the original "snorter." Thanks for sharing. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED reading this and remembering you, Pam, Jan, and Nancy snorting away (yes Jan, you were the loudest!). What a wonderful tribute to your friendship! Love to you all! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it isn't Bach and Buschwoman! Thinking of both of you makes me snort.

    ReplyDelete